Happy Summer Folks,
In case you’re interested in hearing more about HappyDirt, we wanted to let you know that we’ll be on the air this Monday, August 13 from 1-1:30pm with fellow farmer and radio show host David Munson. David’s launching a new show called “Farm Talk” about local sustainable food and farming, and he’s asked us to help kick it off…thanks David! Tune in to KSKQ Community Radio 89.5FM or online at www.kskq.org to catch us on the air.
And if you’re still hungry for more dirt on HappyDirt, you can read about us in these news articles that were published earlier this year:
- Ashland Daily Tidings,“HappyDirt Veggie Patch” by Sophie Javna and Elisabeth Swarttouw, 5/15/2012: http://www.dailytidings.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120515/LIFE/205150302&cid=sitesearch
- Jacksonville Review,“Meet Your Farmer” by Linda Davis: 3/27/2012: http://jacksonvillereview.com/2012/03/meet-your-farmer-by-linda-davis/
- New York Times, “Land Spreading Out, but Not So Far and Wide” by Phyllis Korkki, 3/1/2012: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/01/education/learning-urban-farming-to-foster-personal-growth.html?_r=2&scp=1&sq=phyllis%20korkki%20-%20land%20spreading%20out&st=cse
If you’ve got the farming bug, don’t forget we’re holding work parties every Friday from 9am-1pm here at HappyDirt. Bring your water, hat and gloves, and join us for some good ole’ farming fun followed by a farm-fresh vegetarian lunch, our treat! Call or email to let us know you’re coming, and we’ll see you soon.
CURRENT MARKET OFFERINGS – Where to get our veggies
Right now we’ve got beautiful heirloom tomatoes, eggplant, basil, potatoes, cucumbers, garlic and more, so catch us at one of the following markets to taste the bounty from our fields:
- ASHLAND TUESDAY MARKET: We’re sharing booth-space with Village Farm, so look for either the “Village Farm” or “HappyDirt”banner, and you’ll find our veggies. Markets are on Tuesdays 8:30-1:30, Ashland National Guard Armory, 1420 E. Main St., Ashland.
- ASHLAND SATURDAY MARKET: We sell our veggies at the Saturday Market through the GardenSeed booth (Aluna’s organic food gardening company), so look for either the “GardenSeed” banner or the “HappyDirt”banner. Markets are Saturdays 9am-1:30pm,downtown on Oak Street between East Main and Lithia Way, Ashland.
If you need lots of veggies for your restaurant, store or event, feel free to contact us for wholesale ordering. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for current availability and pricing.
Thanks for all your support folks! Hope you’re having fun and staying cool in the summer sun, and we’ll catch you next time.